summer school overview and eligibility
Richland School District Two will hold High School Summer School for eligible students who will complete courses virtually. To be eligible for Richland School District Two’s Summer School Program participants must be currently enrolled in a Richland School District Two High School. Students may earn up to two (2) credits. Core courses are not offered for initial credit through Richland School District Two’s Summer School Program. Seniors who will graduate during Summer 2018 may not participate in the Virtual High School Summer School Program, but should enroll in the Rogers Center Graduating Seniors Summer School Program.
* Core courses are not offered for initial credit through THE
2018 VIRTUAL HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM
summer school location
SPRING VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
120 Sparkleberry Lane, Columbia, SC 29229
- Contact your home school counselor for a registration packet or download a packet from the district website.Complete packet with your counselor.
- Your school counselor will enter your information into the on-line registration form. Parent and student signatures are required.
- Registration is at your home school June 6 - June 13.
- The registration deadline is Wednesday June 13, 2018
summer school tuition
- $400.00/1 credit course and $200.00/ 1/2 credit course (Additional $100.00 fee for non-Richland Two students)
- Tuition fees will post in Acorn within 24 - 48 hours of registration. Payment can be completed on-line via PowerSchool's Parent Portal Quick Pay option or by submitting a check to the school bookkeeper.
- No payments will be accepted until the fees post in Acorn. Please allow 24 - 48 hours for the system to update. The tuition payment deadline is 12:00 p.m. Thursday June 14.
- Summer School tuition is non-refundable.
- Contact Sarah Harris at 803.738.3248 for tuition and payment information.
- Daily attendance is required until course(s) is/are completed. Students are allowed 3 excused absences. All coursework is completed on-line through Richland Two Virtual.
- Repeated absences and/or tardiness will lead to disciplinary action.
- Once coursework is completed, students will no longer attend Summer School.
- Students are expected to adhere to Richland School District Two’s Summer School Discipline Policy.
- Violations of the discipline policy will result in removal from the program.
retake grades and student transcripts
- Beginning the 2017 -2018 school year, both grades will appear on transcript. Only the highest grade will be factored in the GPA.
graduating senior information
- Seniors graduating during Summer 2018 must register and complete their summer work at the Rogers Adult and Continuing Education Center.