Summer School Overview & Eligibility
* Core courses are not offered for initial credit through Richland School District Two's Summer School Program.
Richland School District Two will hold High School Summer School for eligible students who will complete courses virtually. To be eligible for Richland School District Two’s Summer School Program participants must be currently enrolled in a Richland School District Two High School. Students may earn up to two (2) credits. Courses are not offered for initial credit through Richland School District Two’s Summer School Program. Seniors who will graduate during Summer 2016 may not participate in the Virtual High School Summer School Program, but should enroll in the Rogers Center Graduating Seniors Summer School Program.
- Dates: Monday-Thursday, June 20-July 28, 2016
- Sessions: Morning: 8:30 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. or Afternoon: 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Contact your home school counselor for a registration packet or download a packet from the district website.
- Complete packet with your counselor. Your school counselor will enter your information into the on-line registration form.
- Registration is at your home school May 31 – June 9, 2016.
- The registration deadline is Thursday, June 9, 2016.
- Registration packets will be available at your school and on the district website starting May 19, 2016.
Summer School Tuition
- $400.00/1 credit course and $200.00/ 1/2 credit course (Additional $100.00 fee for non-Richland Two students)
- Tuition fees will post in Acorn within 24 - 48 hours of registration. Payment can be completed on-line via PowerSchool's Parent Portal Quick Pay option or by submitting a check to the school bookkeeper.
- No payments will be accepted until the fees post in Acorn. Please allow 24 - 48 hours for the system to update. The tuition payment deadline is 3:00p.m. Tuesday June 14, 2016. Summer School tuition is non-refundable.
- Contact Sarah Harris at 803.738.3248 for tuition and payment information.
- Daily attendance is required until course(s) is/are completed. Students taking one course must attend either the morning or afternoon session daily. Students taking two courses may attend only one session as long as adequate progress continues. Students are allowed 3 excused absences. All course work is completed on-line through Richland Two Virtual.
- Repeated absences and/or tardiness will lead to disciplinary action.
- Once coursework is completed, students will no longer attend Summer School.
- Students are expected to adhere to Richland School District Two’s Summer School Discipline Policy.
- Violations of the discipline policy will result in removal from the program.
Graduating Senior Information
- Seniors graduating during Summer 2016 must register and complete their summer work at the Rogers Adult and Continuing Education Center (see additional information in this packet).
- Summer School Graduation (for Rogers Center students ONLY): Thursday, August 2, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. in Richland Two District Auditorium. Graduation Practice: Monday, August 1, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. in Richland Two District Auditorium.
Summer School Location
SPRING VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL 120 Sparkleberry Lane Columbia, S.C. 29229